Monday, November 21, 2011

Inspiration: Intro

OK, folks.  It's time to crack my head open and share with you readers where my ideas come from.  In the next couple of weeks I will be writing a series of blog posts explaining some of my biggest professional inspirations, whether it be from reading, working, eating, or travel.  I will explain how these inspirations will manifest themselves in the design, structure, and daily operation of Linea.

Here is a preview of posts to come, the list may grow:

Authors/Writers:

Danny Meyer:  NYC restaurateur, author of Setting the Table: The Power of Hospitality in Restaurants, Business, and Life
David Chang: Chef/Owner of Momofuku restaurants and author of The Momofuku Cookbook
Kenny Shopsin: Cook/Owner of Shopsins and author of Eat Me: The Food and Philosophy of Kenny Shopsin

Restaurants I've worked/staged at:

Le Pigeon in Portland, Oregon
Primo in Rockland, Maine
La Morra in Brookline, MA
Ten Tables in Jamaica Plain, MA
The Haven in Jamaica Plain, MA

 Meals I've Eaten:

Craft, NYC
Per Se, NYC
Rod Dee, Brookline
Niche, St. Louis

Travel (with Lily):

Our one year road trip
Our trip to Spain
Our eventual trip to Italy


Damn.  After writing this list, why the hell am I in Boston and not New York?  OK, I will admit NY is too big and intimidating for me, but why aren't there risk takers, trend-setters, and interesting characters like Meyer, Chang, and Shopsin in Boston?

No comments:

Post a Comment